True Crime On This Day June 30th

True Crime On This Day June 30th

June 30th

On June 30th in true crime, serial killer, Bundy and Clark, unsolved homicide, King Cole Bar murder, unidentified body, and cold cases.


In Illinois, the body of 20-year-old Timothy O’Rourke was found washed ashore on the riverbank of the Illinois river. He had been raped and murdered and was found with underwear lodged down his throat.

O’Rourke had been a victim of serial killer John Wayne Gacy who confessed to 33 murders and was subsequently executed in 1994. O’rourke’s body was found close to the body of Frank Landingin, who had suffered a similar fate.


In the early hours of the morning in Denver, Colorado, 32-year-old Kenneth Grier was shot dead at the King Cole Bar. A bar fight erupted between multiple patrons and during the fight, gunshots were fired.

Grier, who was not involved in the fight, died of his wounds in hospital. Despite multiple witnesses and suspects, the case remains unsolved. It is an active cold case with the Denver Police Department.


Near Sylmar, in the San Fernando Valley, a group of snake hunters discovered a decomposing corpse. It was later identified as 17-year-old runaway and prostitute Marnett Comer, who had last been seen alive on June 1st.

Comer was the first victim of serial killing couple Carol M. Bundy and her lover Doug Clark. They were both arrested in August of 1980.

Bundy confessed to everything and gave a full confession of hers and Clark’s crimes. Between them, they had killed at least six people. 


In Denver, Colorado, in the early hours of the morning, 46-year-old Tyler Walker, Jr. was stabbed to death outside of a friend’s residence near 27th and Arapahoe.

He and some of his family members were visiting their friends and had arrived many hours before. Not long after midnight, Walker left the home and got into a confrontation with at least two men near the side of the street.

Witnesses noticed them getting into a fight and Walker was stabbed by one of the men. He died at the scene. Despite the witnesses and a large investigation, no suspect was ever caught and his murder remains unsolved.


In Accra, Ghana, 46-year-old High court judge Cecilia Koranteng-Addow was kidnapped and murdered during the second military rule of Jerry Rawlings.

She was killed along with two other Supreme Court justices, Frederick Poku Sarkodee and Kwadjo Adgyei Agyepong, and a retired army officer, Sam Acquah. They were shot dead and set alight, their charred bodies were discovered the next day.

In 1993, five men were arrested and charged with the murders, Lance Corporal Amedeka, Michael Senyah, Tekpor Hekli, Johnny Dzandu and Joachim Amartey Quaye.

Amedeka escaped from the prison and eloped, never to be seen again. The remaining four men were found guilty of murder, sentenced to death, and executed by firing squad.


Just one day after the mummy was found under the train viaduct, the decomposed body of a black male in his late teens was found near the foot of the Detroit River.

He had been dead for at least three months, as the putrefaction had set in. Despite both bodies being in a severe state of decomposition, and found just miles apart, there was deemed to be no connection between the two. The man’s identity remains a mystery.

Check out the Mega List of True Crime Podcasts

Help share the article